Monday, November 30, 2009

Rally Pt. 2

So... where did I leave off?

Oh right... Seeing the little pink card.

Anyhoo... so I went to class as usual, and after class, as I was walking over to SUB to grab some lunch (Burger Bar had Mushroom Burgers that day. Mushroom Burgers!!!), I noticed something hilarious. There were a bunch of people, without umbrellas, soaking wet, trying to set up a tent of some sort.

Hehe... idiots...

But then, I realised that I could recognise some of the people.

They were the Sex Guys.

They were really gonna do it.

They were gonna hold their little event out in the pouring rain under two tiny little tents... HAHAHAHA.

But part of me also felt ashamed. Despite the weather, the wind, the cold, they were all laughing, looking like they were having a great time.

How can something as miserable as the task they're involved in bring about such laughter and joy?

I turned away, and decided to enter SUB via the entrance by the Bike Kitchen. I couldn't let them see me.

I couldn't stand knowing that they could actually be having fun and enjoying everything.

I couldn't stand that they were going to carry through with this.

I couldn't stand feeling just a little proud that there are some Christians out there who are crazy enough to do this.

I couldn't stand feeling the shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment